It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
I cam accross some of my old photos of how I was detailing and finishing EPP foam planes 15 years ago.
This first one is just a typical "wing" style dual motor plane called a Zagi but I finished it in military markings.
I apologize in advance for the confederate flag in the background in some of the pics, it was a different time and the stigma wasn't attached to it yet. Add a German ME-109 with tail markings in front of it and you got me wincing these days. Again, sorry if anyone is offended.
this is a hand shaped foam fuse, coated in light weight wall patch spackel, layered in
packing tape, then covered in a Solartex, and finally painted.
this is a P-39 or P-63 Aircobra. Hand shaped and finished like the one above
the green one in the background is fiberglass, the other media I worked with
here is a 60" wingspan "Tony"
Heres a P-51B (glass) that made a magazine cover
Heres me getting my AMA turbine waiver
Heres an interview I did for Radio Carbon Art magazine on a L-39
Here is a P-51D (above blue P-51 is a "D") this is a hand shaped foam fuse. Finished and Primered to fill in the material weave of the Solartex before paint
my user name on RCGroups is TAWG. I dont post on there these days but if you search I have several build threads on how I finish EPP planes. Some of them with Light Weight intentions.
Some nice handiwork there. Don't think I would have the patience.
id still recommend Solartex. Its .9oz a square foot i believe. That'd give a surface able to finish.